Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Venezuela has officially launched the sale of its commodity-backed cryptocurrency, the petro. The coin is meant to be a workaround to avoid sanctions against Venezuela’s official currency, the bolivar, which has been rocked by hyperinflation.
Here are the current prices for major cryptocurrencies:
Here’s what you need to know in crypto today:
- Bitcoin is back above $11,000
- Ex-JPMorgan trader turned bitcoin fund manager: ‘There’s trench warfare going on between analogue and digital financial services’
- Litecoin cash officially forked over the weekend. Here’s what you need to know.
- The iced tea company that pivoted to blockchain is spinning off its beverage business as it once again risks being delisted
- Tesla’s Amazon cloud account was hacked and used to mine cryptocurrency
- Criminals are reportedly abducting the ‘cryptorich’ to steal their Bitcoin
- Poland’s central bank is reportedly funding a YouTube ‘smear campaign’ against cryptocurrencies
- S&P: Warnings that cryptocurrency could crash the global financial system are ‘much ado about nothing’
- Ethereum founder warns cryptocurrencies ‘could drop to near zero at any time’
- Bank of England’s Mark Carney: Bitcoin has ‘failed’ one of its key aims
- This new video game will offer one whole bitcoin to the first person who solves its ‘mind bending’ puzzles
Join BI’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as Business Insider staff.
from SAI http://read.bi/2Ffth3X