Some days you just don’t have the time or energy to get your 10,000 recommended steps in. These tricks won’t help you keep active, but they will make sure you keep your numbers up.
This post is part of our Evil Week series at Lifehacker, where we look at the dark side of getting things done. Sometimes evil is justified, and other times, knowing evil means knowing how to beat it. Want more? Check out our evil week tag page.
While improving your health may be the main reason to wear a fitness tracker, there are other reasons too. Some companies give out special offers to active fitness tracker users, like Walgreens’ Balance Rewards. Even some health insurance companies offer discounts for using one. If you can’t get your walking in for the day, this video from the Wired YouTube channel shows off some useful tricks:
- Wrap it around the chuck of an electric drill and get spinning.
- Hook it up to your dog’s collar and let them do the walking.
- Attach it to your electric mixer and get whisking. (Bonus: make some cookies at the same time.)
- Open up a cheap desk fan, attach it to one of the blades, then start it up.
- Get comfy in your favorite rocking chair and rock your way to the top (rotating your wrist might help.)
You shouldn’t use these all the time, of course, and you do so at your own risk. After all, what’s the point of a fitness tracker if you’re not going to ever use it properly? But these tricks can help you take the top spot in your office Fitbit competition, or help you keep your numbers up while you take a much needed break.
from Lifehacker http://ift.tt/2eAOVUW