It’s a new year (and a new you? Maybe?) and we’re all trying to clean up our acts. For the first episode of the Upgrade’s second season, we’re taking a closer look at alcohol—why we drink, what it does to us, and how to quit, if we’re so inclined. We’re joined by author Annie Grace, author of the book This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol, Find Freedom, Discover Happiness, & Change Your Life.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate, and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- Are there really “health benefits” to moderate drinking?
- Whether or not the “addictive personality” is a real phenomenon
- The social pressure to drink, and how to say no
- Why AA may not always be useful to people trying to quit drinking
- The different ways people justify their drinking
Upgrade of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about keeping our heads up, looking in the right direction, and retreating (for a minute).
Want to Say Hello?
Maybe you have a question for us. Maybe you just want to say hi. Whatever it is, we’re here for you:
1. Call (347) 687-8109 and leave us a voice mail. We love voice mails!
2. Email your question/comment to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
from Lifehacker http://bit.ly/2BDlmtY