This week it’s time to dig out all your old stuff, or get out and look for some antiques. Things that are aged and beautiful – look for old buildings, your old shoes, rotting wood of an old window, antique cars, clocks, books, etc., yes even people. Remember these old things have great value, especially our senior citizens – so photograph them with the respect they deserve.
If you want to add a few tricks to your images of antiques try these techniques:
- How to Create an Antique Photo Look Using a Lemon and Layer Masks in Photoshop
- How to Apply a Texture Overlay to Your Images to Create an Antique Look
- How to Create a Retro Faded Look Using Lightroom or Photoshop
- How to Add Vintage Frame Overlays Using Alien Skin Exposure X
- How to Use Split Toning to Make Your Photos Stand Out
Weekly Photography Challenge – Antiques
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favorite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images in the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.
from Digital Photography School http://bit.ly/2p4lwWP